- Guest poet Shoalhaven Poetry Festival 2007
- Guest poet South Coast Writers Centre for National Poetry Week 2009
- Spineless Wonders presents ‘a short evening of tall stories’ at the Wheatsheaf hotel in Adelaide on Feb. 7 2012, hosted by Caroline Reid: ‘The Gardener’ was read by actor Tamara Lee
- Read Susan’s interview with Spineless Wonders here
- Short story manuscript was shortlisted for Varuna Publisher Fellowship 2012
- Guest poet at Bundanoon’s Winterfest, July 2012, with Ron Pretty and Victoria McGrath
- Story ‘Of Coffee, Vegetables and Hair Colour’ will be read on ABC Radio National’s Sunday Story. Not anymore! Sunday Story axed for 2013 – send in your complaints!
- Story ‘Down Came A Blackbird’ was shortlisted for the 2012 Overland/Victoria University short story award for new and emerging writers ($6000 prize). Over 630 entries, nineteen on shortlist
- Poetry collection Waiting for the Southerly was launched by Richard Morecroft on 17 June 2012 at the Thirroul Railway Institute heritage building, with MC Linda Godfrey, and guitarist Bruce Greenfeld. To purchase, go to ‘Home’
- Attended launch in Melbourne of Award Winning Australian Writing 2012, which features ‘The Gardener’
- Waiting for the Southerly receives a Commended in the Anne Elder Award 2012 for a first book of poetry
- Awarded an Australian Society of Authors Mentorship 2013–14 for short story collection
- Awarded a Varuna PIP Fellowship 2014 for short story collection, which means a residency at Varuna and an introduction to a publisher (which is UQP)
- Flash fiction piece ‘Hold-up’ on screen at Federation Square, Melbourne, during the Melbourne Writers Festival, August 2014 (Flashing the Square)
- Take a look at ‘What I’m reading’ on Meanjin’s blog November 3 2014 here
- here is an interview with Margaret River Press (2015)
- Loopholes – Susan’s collection of microfiction – was published by Spineless Wonders, thanks to an Australia Council of the Arts grant. Release date 1 December 2016. To purchase, visit the ‘Home’ page.
- Shortlisted for Faber Writing Academy novel-writing scholarship, 2017. Accepted a place at a special rate.
Here’s a great review of Loopholes from Books+Publishing – 4 stars! (click on the image to read)
Appearing at the Newcastle Writers Festival 2017 – a panel on Reading and Writing Microfiction, with Jon Steiner and Richard Holt. Saturday 8 April, 2.45pm. Loopholes will be launched by Carmel Bird straight after the panel. Details here
(left) A lovely review of Waiting for the Southerly
(below) Some photos of launch of Waiting for the Southerly, taken by Tim Dennis www.timdennis.com.au
Bruce Greenfeld on guitar
* The template for displaying Comments.
* The area of the page that contains both current comments
* and the comment form. The actual display of comments is
* handled by a callback to twentyeleven_comment() which is
* located in the functions.php file.
* @package WordPress
* @subpackage Twenty_Eleven
* @since Twenty Eleven 1.0